The pressure for organisations to demonstrate their levels of sustainability is definitely on the rise and very often, sustainability positions are handed to those loyal to the organisation or who have an environmental background. Whilst we all know that environmentalism forms a significant part of sustainability, it is a far broader subject.
So who does one turn to in order to ramp up their sustainability skills?
A few universities in SA are finally starting to offer sustainability courses, but they are extremely costly, require full-time attendance and are extremely disruptive at the workplace.
Most organisations today are operating LEAN, and key employees taking time off to attend studies, just doesn't cut it.
Very often the full time courses will also have a certain amount of low value "Filler Subjects" included in the course material, just to make the course appear bigger than it actually is.
We know that "Time is Money" and you just need the factual information
So for this reason we have secured the training rights to the Sustainability Officer Training right here in South Africa for those who need to bring the sustainability skills up-to-date and can't afford to spend time away from the workplace?
With a little effort, the Corporate Sustainability Officer course can be completed in as little as 4-6 weeks & will equip you with:
- Leading edge Global & South African Information regarding Sustainability
- History of sustainability and the relevant background information
- Links and references to incidents that are shaping the world today
- Best practices employed by progressive organisations
- Learn about green terminology such as IAQ, Voc's and their impacts
- Learn about what green is, where it starts, what to do in order to go-green and how to determine when you have reached a green position.
- What is green procurement and what elements to include in RFP's
- How to eliminate waste with a closed loop system
- Energy & Renewable Energy Systems
- Global Reporting Initiative
- Carbon Foot-printing
- How to identify the practices impacting your organisations sustainability position
- A framework to assess and implement green advancement in your organisation
- How to conduct an environmental audit in any organisation
- Developing the Business Case for Sustainability
This course covers all the core disciplines for any Corporate Sustainability Officer in almost any industry or in any line of work.
Upon successful completion of the course your efforts will be rewarded with a "Corporate Sustainability Officer" Certificate.
With this credential in hand, you confidently lead companies, of all shapes & size,s along a sustainable path, whether you are directly employed by an organisation or operate as an outsourced sustainability consultant.
A Green Credential which will firmly position you at the forefront of this rapidly developing sector.
Should you wish to enquire about any part of the Sustainable Studies Program, please complete the enquiry form by clicking the logo below and we will answer your query, forward you links to the modules covered, as well as the enrolment forms.
SUSTAINABLE STUDIES PROGRAM: AN ADVANCED COURSE IN APPLIED SUSTAINABILITY